Sunday, August 7, 2011

I heart butter LONDON nail lacquers

9/2/11 Edit:  Top L to R: Toff,Teddy Girl, Lady Muck Bottom L to R: The Old Bill, Tea with the Queen, Jaffa

Hello, I go through phases in buying beauty products and I am in the nail polish phase now.  Although I like many popular mainstream brands, I much prefer 3-free nail lacquers from brands like butter LONDON.

Here is the scoop on 3-free- it means the nail product has no formaldehyde, no toluene, and no DBP (dibutyl phthalate).  These are known toxic chemicals that are especially harmful to pregnant women.  They can be absorbed through the nails into the bloodstream and harm the fetus.  Why gamble with your health to look pretty, right?  Besides butter London makes the most gorgeous and unique colors, my small collection is shown in the pic above.

Overall, I have tried these babies for over one month now and I highly recommend them.  Why?

1)  The colors are hard to find in other brands, the lacquers come in very unique shades.  I am wearing Toff (top left in the pic), a new purple mauve shade for the fall.  The other fall shades look interesting too, but I did not buy them because I am satisfied with my current collection. 
2)  The color with a top coat lasted longer than one week on my nails, gotta love that:)
3)  They are 3-free which means non-toxic, this is most important to me

They cost $14 each at Nordstrom, but it is worth every penny.  What are some other brands of 3-free nail lacquers you have tried?  Please share and until next post......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.