Wednesday, March 28, 2012

For The Garlic Lovers

Hello, Garlic is one of my favorite foods and ingredients in cooking.  It is probably one of the most widely used ingredients in cuisines around the world.  According to studies, it is claimed to have many health benefits in preventing illnesses such as heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and even cancer.  Garlic can help with such illnesses because it is known to have many antioxidants including antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.  I simply love its taste and aroma.  The health benefits are icing on the cake for me.  See more insights and tips on prepping garlic in this New York Times article.


Pretty garlic plants from Botanical Garden in San Francisco


Speaking of garlic, we recently visited one of San Francisco's landmark restaurants, The Stinking Rose.  As the name implies, it serves up dishes using garlic and lots of it.  It is not only an eatery for the tourists, but locals like me enjoy this place just as much.  Here are some pictures of what we enjoyed during our recent visit:


Garlic cooked in olive oil as appetizer.  It was so good with bread.








Interesting nostalgic decor everywhere


Pork chop with glazed apples

Rabbit in tomato sauce


We were so full after the entrees and had to pass on their famous garlic ice cream.  I will definitely try it next time.


On another note, there is an annual garlic festival in Gilroy, CA every summer.  Gilroy is located about 2 hours away by car from San Francisco.  I think I need to join this festival for the first time this year, I heard there is great food and fun.  Not to be missed!


Until next post......

7 comments:

  1. omg i've heard so many ppl rave abt the Stinking Rose!!! i gotta head over there one day. everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not bad and the portions are decent too.

      Delete
  2. Omg I have been to the Stinking Rose! (The one here in L.A) Ok, don't laugh at me but it was too much garlic and I felt sick and nauseous afterwards. :( The hubs was fine though. Now he makes fun of me whenever we pass by it. The weird thing is that I love garlic. But I guess it was too much of a good thing for me? Anyways, your food looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny! It can be too much of a good thing for some because we do not normally eat that much garlic in one sitting:) We couldn't finish the garlic appetizer between the two of us.

      Delete
    2. The hubs think it was b/c I gorged on the bread and garlicky spread...lol! XP

      Anyways, so about the SK-II Cellumination Essence it does not give me that same glow. :\ Maybe clever editing or b/c I have not used this very long? I'm only starting my third bottle whereas she has been using the line for six years. o.O

      I use the FTE too! The insert that comes w/ the cellumination esssence says to use it after the FTE so that's what I've been doing. And omg their masks are the BEST! But way pricey for me so I only use them like once a month. :(

      Hope your Sunday is going well! :D

      Delete
  3. My grandmother always tells me of the health benefits of garlic. The garlic in the oil looks delicious. I think I will have to look up a recipe of something of that nature and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us know if you find any good recipes:)

      Delete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.