Thursday, March 22, 2012

Obsessed With...YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain



Hello,  YSL launched Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain recently and I did not hesitate to go check them out once they arrived at my local Sephora.  I have tried other lip stains in the past and did not like them because they dried out my lips.  I was skeptical about the YSL Glossy Stain at first.  But after I tried one,  I ended up going back for more... 



From left to right in the picture:
7 Corail Aquatique - Medium coral 
10 Rouge Philtre - True red
20 Rouge Enamel (Sephora exclusive) - Warm red 




The formula is very unique and there is nothing quite like it on the market.  It is a cross between lipstick, gloss, and stain combined into a glossy stain formula.  The consistency is thinner and feels lighter than that of a lipstick or gloss.  The formula stains the lips which makes it long wearing and it is not drying.  The colors have good pigmentation.  It is formulated without parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, and triclosan.  I am happy that YSL has decidedly become cleaner with their ingredients.  The glossy stain can be brushed on lightly or it can be built up with more color for dramatic looks.  I chose two reds because I do not currently own a lot of reds.  I figured I can better control the intensity of the red in a stain formula.  The applicator is flat and slanted.  It is quite a nice applicator for the stain formula because you can control the application easily with it.  As you can see in the swatches above, the finish is a bit creamy and glossy. 

Via Google images - A glimpse of the applicator




Check out this cute animation from the YSL website:  



This is a good alternative to lipstick or lip gloss if you want to try something different.  Do you like lip stains?  Have you tried these?  Until next post......

2 comments:

  1. My current fave lippie is from YSL (Rouge Volupte) but I haven't tried this one yet. I'm pleasantly surprised by the awesome pigmentation! o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá Amiga

    Um glamouroso final de semana à vc...

    BJ0000000000.................
    www.amigadamoda1.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.