Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Best of June Roundup - Chanel, Burberry, Oribe

Hello, Happy 4th of July!!  It is that time again, let's jump right into my June favorite products:  

Skin Care - Chanel Le Blanc Skincare


When I visited the Chanel counter at Nordstrom a few months back, I received some samples of Chanel Le Blanc Skincare that had just launched at that time.  It is a line specifically for brightening.  I received the cleanser, brightening moisture lotion, brightening concentrate (serum), and brightening moisturizing cream.  I waited and took the samples with me on my recent trip to Los Angeles and tried everything for about one week.  

I did take a risk in sampling new products on a trip, but everything turned out fine.  In fact, my skin loved this line.  My skin felt moisturized enough, but not overly moisturized.  The line also helped keep my face clear at the same time.  

The cleanser is the foaming type, it lathers and cleanses quite well.  Next, I especially love the moisture lotion which is a toner, it exfoliates the skin and preps it for the serum and moisturizer.  The texture of the brightening concentrate and moisturizing cream are similar, they both have a light gel cream texture to them.   You can use the concentrate and moisturizing cream around the eye area too.  Multi-functional products are a big plus for me.  In fact, there are not too many brightening products out there that you can use both on the face and eye area.  The products have a light floral scent, not heavy.

My initial thoughts are I like this line a lot.  It is good to incorporate a brightening skincare line especially in the summer.  I am currently back to using SK II because I was gifted some items from a relative and want to use up everything first.  I would consider getting the moisture lotion and the moisturizing cream from this line next.

Makeup - Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in No. 22 Pale Barley



I have been really loving Burberry eyeshadows lately.  I currently own three Burberry brown eyeshadows and might acquire more in the future.  Today I will talk about No. 22 Pale Barley, it first launched a few months ago.  I fell in love when I swatched it for the first time, it is a beautiful pale taupe brown with gold shimmer.  It is a wearable color that looks good on many different skin tones.  The Burberry eyeshadows are creamy in texture and the formula is long lasting even if you do not use an eye base.  It has good color payoff as it is buildable.  And the packaging speaks for itself, Burberry chic.  LOVE!



Hair Care - Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray


It is a hair texturizer and conditioning treatment in one.  I enjoy using it in the morning on my bed head.  Also, it is great for second day hair if you do not shampoo everyday.  Although I have only used it on dry hair, it can be used on dry or wet hair.  The scent is fruity floral and it is very pleasant, it actually smells like summer to me.  

I bought the travel size spray at Space NK in Bloomingdale's and it was around $19.50.



To my fellow American readers, have a safe holiday!  Until next post......

10 comments:

  1. I love pale barley as well. That Oribe spray sounds great, think I'll get myself one. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Replica, the travel size is great, you can try it before committing to the full sized spray can. I love using it so far.

      Delete
  2. The eyeshadow shade is so pretty! I've always loved Burberry's packaging and the print on the eyeshadow.. I have one but I've never used it cause I want to keep it perfect! Haha :( Glad you like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Andrea, I know what you mean about not wanting to ruin the pretty imprint on the shadow. I kept mine pristine for about a month or longer before I took the first swipe to it, lol:)

      Delete
  3. That shadow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rola! I hope you had a wonderful 4th! :D

    Gawd that Burberry eyeshadow looks sex-ay! I am all about color payoff, texture, and a long lasting formula. Thanks for the info!

    (I'm so glad to hear you liked part 1! How did part 2 go? I found it easier to follow just the model and not Tanaka doing it on her. Also, don't you love how moisturizing it is for your skin? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, S&C, I do not have a facial massage lotion, so I want to get one and then try part 2. I used a regular moisturizer last time and it did not work very well because the moisturizer kept balling up:(

      Delete
  5. Love the pictures. The Burberry shadows look amazing!!

    xx
    Heel in Mint

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool review and I'm so impressed, I've never seen Burberry makeup. I definitely want to try it now :)

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shadows!

    http://natcosmetics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.