Saturday, September 29, 2012

Best of September Roundup - Colbert M.D., Ellis Faas, Nature's Gate

Hello, I am smitten with everything I am about to share with you today.  These are new brands to me and they have made quite an impression.  Let's get started:

Skincare - Colbert M.D. Intensify Facial Discs




Exfoliation is a crucial step in my skincare routine.  I exfoliate by alternating between enzymatic, chemical, and manual exfoliators at least once a week, but no more than twice a week.   I discovered Colbert M.D. Intensify Facial Discs during one of my many trips to Barneys New York earlier this year.  


This at-home microdermabrasion product is an enzymatic exfoliator.  Here is what it does from the box:




There are 20 moistened textured discs housed in a glass container, so you get 20 uses from it.  I concentrate on the T-zone when I scrub with the disc.  The result is clean pores and smoother skin.  The proof is in the mirror for me.  If your skin is not ultra sensitive, you can use it up to three times a week according to instructions.  I highly recommend this one if you like enzymatic exfoliators.  Available at Barneys New York and ColberMD.com.


Makeup - Ellis Faas Glazed Lips L305






Isn't this a beautiful color?  I have been fascinated by Ellis Faas ever since I heard about her makeup line over two years ago.  Ellis Faas is a Dutch makeup artist who is known for her brilliant color range and the uber chic bullet brush pen concept.  


Ellis Faas Glazed Lips L305 is an orange brown and it is the perfect color for Fall.  It is a bit of an odd color when swatched on my hand, but it turned to be a nice and interesting neutral on the lips.  I think this color complements yellow and olive toned skin very well.  I do not have any color like it in my neutral lip color collection, that makes it special.  The non-sticky formula of Glazed Lips is sheer yet pigmented, glossy, and moisturizing.  Their eye colors are amazing as well! 

Ellis Faas is available at Space NK and EllisFaas.com.  Go check out her website, you will love all the artsy and creative looks and how to videos.


Hair Care - Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo 



This is an accidental discovery while shopping for a new shampoo for Mr. Rola.  For the most part, we share shampoos so I have to keep both of us in mind while shopping for a new shampoo.  


I was surprised to find Nature's Gate Tea Tree Shampoo at Safeway because it is a natural brand.  It looks like Safeway is stocking more natural brands as of late.  This shampoo has been such a blessing for my sensitive scalp, it deep cleanses and soothes my scalp.  My scalp has become highly sensitive due to hair coloring and straightening over the years.  Even if you do not have sensitive scalp, it is a must to use a clarifying shampoo weekly to cleanse the buildup in your hair.  This one is gentle for everyday use.


A look at the ingredients:



Thank you so much for reading!  Have a great weekend!  


Until next post......

5 comments:

  1. Interesting finds. Thanks for including some ingredient information and the photos. Makes it easier to find exactly the right product. Sometimes I've come home with the wrong thing because it looked similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jean, I can relate. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ The Beauty Professor, sorry, I accidentally deleted your comment. To answer your question, I do not use the Facial Discs daily, probably once or twice a week at most. Per the instructions, you can use it up to three times a week. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks Rola - I love Ellis Faas, such an interesting brand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this product too! Have been using the same - and I picked it from Safeway too!!

    http://www.puppiesnpurses.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to meet and hear from my fellow bloggers and readers. Do not leave spam or inappropriate links here, they will be removed.